Accounting firms aren’t immune to budget constraints.
But, because today’s accounting firm is so tech-dependent, it’s critical to have optimal IT support for your accounting firm at a reasonable, predictable rate.
So, let’s answer the question…
How Much Does IT Support for Accounting Firms Cost?
IT support for the typical 10-15 person accounting firm in the Chicagoland area will pay between $2,500 and $12,000 per month, depending upon their requirements.
Why such a wide price range?
A broad number of factors are considered when it comes to establishing an ongoing monthly price for cybersecurity, IT management, maintenance, and operational monitoring of an accounting firm. No two firms are alike, and every firm has some IT requirement that is a little different to all the others.
Let’s break it down a little more.
- Desktop Support: Take a look around the web, and you will find IT support companies providing desktop support at a price point anywhere from $20 per desktop (you don’t get much at that price) to more than $300 per desktop.
- Server Support: In today’s market, Server Support starts at $100 a month per server and is adjusted up from there depending on the complexity and specific services offered under that title.
- Network Support: A survey of companies that work every day with IT for Accounting firms will reveal that Network Support costs begin at $300 per month and escalate into the thousands.
- Cybersecurity Management: Protecting your business (and your clients) is the most important IT investment you can make. Cybersecurity packages for a typical Chicagoland tax or accounting office begin around $500 per month and go up from there, depending upon the specific security needs of the organization.
While these prices aren’t exactly the same as those offered by Alavanca Systems Inc., They should give you a general concept of what IT support for your accounting firm may cost.
The truth is, it’s hard to answer the question about how much your accounting firm will pay for IT support.
Because it’s kind of like asking, “How much does a new vehicle cost?”
Well, it depends on the vehicle, right?
What make? What model? What accessories? Which extra warranty?
At the end of the day, a custom quote is the only way you’re going to get hard numbers upon which you can make a decision about engaging the Alavanca Systems Team to care for your IT systems and cybersecurity.
Alavanca Systems offers free IT support quotes for accounting and tax firms. We’d be happy to have a no-obligation conversation with you to provide you with concrete numbers.
Just call our number! 815-687-0280
Not ready to talk just yet?
Keep reading, and we’ll talk about some more factors that contribute to the price tag of IT services for accounting firms.
Additional Factors That Contribute to the Cost of IT Support for Accounting Firms
Model of IT Support
Our assumption from the beginning of this article was that you are looking for continuous management and maintenance of your IT systems. This is called the Managed IT Services model. It allows you to have a fixed monthly rate in return for full-service IT care.
The other (less effective) models of IT support are:
Break/Fix – You are billed for time and materials when something breaks down.
The problem with the break/fix model of IT support is the downtime you suffer as a result of any breakdown and the unreliability of an unmonitored IT system. The break/fix model’s pricing usually ranges from $100 to $400 per hour plus travel and materials.
Internal IT Staff – You hire and pay for your own in-house IT employee (averaging $53,000 to $100,000 per year plus benefits.)
The Managed IT Services model that is employed by Alavanca Systems Inc. is the middle-of-the-road option that provides you with the high-touch care of an in-house IT staffer without the associated high cost.
Unique Aspects of Your Business
Your business and what it will take to care for your IT requirements has the greatest impact on the final cost of any engagement with an IT support professional. Here are some of those factors.
- Number of servers
- Number of workstations
- Number of users
- Number of work-from-home employees
- Technology in use
- Level of on-site work required
- Level of network monitoring required
- Complexity of compliance standards
- Necessity of helpdesk support
- Necessity of hardware or software setup support
- Necessity of strategic IT planning assistance
All of these components of your final price (and much more) must be considered within your context to provide you with a predictable IT maintenance and security cost structure.
Sure, you can go the break/fix route and cross your fingers that you don’t get slapped with a BIG break/fix bill every month or so.
Maybe you want to hire an in-house IT employee and pay a big salary…when you don’t need a full-time IT professional.
You can have a no-obligation conversation with one of our friendly specialists here at Alavanca Systems Inc. about a Managed IT Services agreement.
Managed IT Services is the most cost-effective model for small to mid-size accounting firms here in Chicagoland.
Give us a chance to show you the numbers, so you can make a more informed decision.
Ciro Cetrangolo is an IT specialist with over 30+ years in the IT services industry. Ciro has a deep understanding of the software, workflow, and underlying technology of accounting organizations and helps firms like yours achieve the secure, stable, and streamlined IT environments you need to accomplish your work more effectively. See my Amazon Author Profile